July Two Day Holiday Workshops
6-9 yrs Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th July BOOK NOW
9-12 yrs Thursday 16th & Friday 17th July BOOK NOW
October Two Day Holiday Workshops
6-9 yrs Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th October BOOK NOW
9-12 yrs Thursday 8th & Friday 9th October BOOK NOW
All workshops held in the Norm Jordan Pavilion, Coffs Harbour Showground
(Hopefully we will be able to run real life workshops again by July or October!)
Coming along to a two day workshop will help your child understand themselves so they can…
- Be confident
- Build resilience
- Manage their feelings &
- Develop great friendships
Parents come along with kids so they know what their child has learnt and so they can use the language and strategies at home.
The following ten lessons are included:
- Who you are – Meet Sparky and Shady
- Why you are here
- How your body works
- How your personality works
- How your thoughts work
- How your feelings work
- How to cope with problems
- How to believe in yourself
- How to follow your dreams
- What now?
Content is presented at an age appropriate level for the two different workshops. Parents are given some content at an adult level, however our main focus is to ensure the kids understand what they are being taught.
What your child gets from the workshop
- To meet their imaginary Sparky and Shady which helps them understand their loving, confident side and their fearful, doubtful side
- Self-awareness of how their body, personality, thoughts and feelings all work in relation to Sparky and Shady
- Strategies to manage their body, feelings, thoughts and behaviours – ‘Short cuts’
- A strategy that works to cope with problems, let go of ‘baggage’ and change unhelpful beliefs – ‘Pit Stop’
- Four secrets to believe in them selves and follow their dreams.
What you get from the workshop
- Ongoing email follow up for advice
- ‘Sparky and Shady for Kids’ or ‘Sparky and Shady for Big Kids’ ebook emailed to you prior to the workshop
- A happy and loving child who is empowered to make good choices, cope with problems and believe in themselves
- A deeper understanding of how your child works and strategies to use at home to support your child to cope with problems like; bullying, anxiety, friendship issues and disrespectful behaviour
- Confidence in your ability to keep being a fantastic parent during your child’s upcoming teenage years.
Both kids’ books and the Online Video Course for Kids are available to purchase if you would like additional resources for follow up.
Structure of the day
- Workshops go from 9am – 3.30pm both days
- There are 5 lessons of approximately 45 min presented each day
- After each lesson we break for a snack (if needed), loo break, fresh air and if attending the workshop in person, kids can have a play together (alternating between an organised game like ‘Go home, Stay home’ and free play)
- Lunch is around 12.30 each day with a break of around 40 minutes
- You are welcome to have a picnic lunch with the group or go into town (7 min walk) to find something to eat
- We finish by 3.30 each day
- Children and parents who attend the workshops in person will be asked to follow the current recommended health guidelines.
A portion of the content on feelings and coping with problems has the potential to trigger feelings of sadness, anger or fear in grown ups and children. This is normal and healthy (although it doesn’t feel like it at the time). In other words – this program isn’t all roses – but it gives you everything you need to dig out those weeds if you are willing to be a little uncomfortable along the way! (Well, it’s easily 98% roses!)
If you join a workshop with an open heart, an open mind and a willingness to learn and apply some new knowledge and strategies (that are proven and effective) then you and your child will definitely get way more than your ‘money’s worth’ – guaranteed!
A registration form will be made available to you when you purchase your ticket for the workshop. If you or your child have special needs or requirements (such as allergies or different abilities) please ensure you fill in the appropriate section so consideration can be made. View the non-editable registration form (Do not return this one, another editable version will be sent to you during the payment process.)
What to bring for children and parents
- A water bottle (there will be filtered water to refill and basic tea and coffee) and all your own food for the day including healthy snacks, fruit, morning tea and lunch (unless you are going to buy lunch in town)
- A notepad, journal or paper and pencils, textas and pens to take notes and draw (kids are welcome to draw while they are learning)
- A towel and/pillow for your child to lie or sit on the floor
- A hat and sunscreen to protect you from the sun and shoes you can play in (parents do not have to run if they choose to join in the games).
$220 per child plus $110 per accompanying parent for the two days (so $330 for one child with one parent)*
Sibling Discount – $550 for 2 siblings with a parent if they attend the same workshop in person (for instance two siblings aged 7 and 9, or 10 and 12.)
* Kids and accompanying parent tickets have been priced separately in case one parent wants to bring more than one child or one child wants to bring more than one parent to the workshop.
Payment to be made at time of booking or email for direct debit payment option ($33 for 10 weeks).
If you don’t think the workshop was ‘worth it’, your money will be refunded.
Download Sparky and Shady Participant Refund and Money Back Guarantee Policy
The Sparky and Shady program is compatible with knowledge and strategies from humanist psychology, positive psychology, cognitive behaviour therapy, neuroscience, quantum science and social-emotional wellbeing. Several specific areas of research will be referenced in the workshop.