Can you imagine a whole class of kids who are…
- Resilient and
- Able to manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviours?
If you are open to having a passionate wellbeing teacher come teach with you for two consecutive days then you can make this dream a reality and tick off some PDHPE outcomes too! An overview of the nine lessons and outcomes for Kids (K – 3) and Big Kids (3-6) are included below.
Two Day Workshop for a whole class (K-6)
Class teachers choose two consecutive days from the calendar for nine ‘Sparky and Shady’ lessons with their whole class.
What’s in it for kids?
- Nine consecutive lessons covering: Who you are, Why you are here, How your body works, How your personality works, How your thoughts work, How your feelings work, How to cope with problems, How to believe in yourself and How to follow your dreams.
- Self-awareness of how their body, personality, thoughts and feelings all work.
- To meet Sparky (their loving side) and Shady (their scared side) and knowledge to help them tell the difference.
- Three strategies to self-manage their body, feelings and thoughts – ‘Short cuts’.
- A strategy that works to cope with problems and let go of ‘baggage’ – ‘Pit Stop’.
- Four secrets to believe in themselves and follow their dreams.
What’s in it for teachers?
- Kids who are potentially self-aware, resilient and able to manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviours. (Sometimes children don’t want to change their behaviours or unhelpful beliefs because their current habits are meeting their needs. These children may require additional support in the form of an individual behaviour plan with input from parents and/or inter agencies.)
- Up to 9 hours of Professional Development in Wellbeing.
- A PDF ebook and a print copy of ‘Sparky and Shady for Kids’ or ‘Sparky and Shady for Big Kids’
- A PDF ebook and a print copy of ‘Sparky and Shady for Kids Teachers’ Manual’ or ‘Sparky and Shady for Big Kids Teachers’ Manual’ with curriculum outcomes and lesson plans.
- ‘How to take a Pit Stop’ video to support children to let go of ‘baggage.’
- Strategies to help children cope with problems and manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviour – Short Cuts.
- A strategy to help children change unhelpful beliefs (for e.g. “I am good at reading” instead of “I can’t read”) – Pit Stop
- Happy and loving children, who are empowered to make good choices, cope with problems and believe in themselves!
What’s in it for parents?
- A free parent information night with an overview of the program and strategies.
- A free PDF download of ‘Sparky and Shady for Kids’ or ‘Sparky and Shady for Big Kids’ for interested parents
- ‘How to take a Pit Stop’ video to support children to let go of ‘baggage’
- Hands on strategies that work to help children cope with problems and manage their thoughts, feelings and behaviour.
$3000* (plus GST) per class
* plus travel and accomodation expenses if more than one hour from Coffs Harbour.
More than one class?
Please enquire about pricing
Curriculum objectives (3-6)